Podcasts have become more and more popular over the past several years, and Australia is far from exempt from this trend.
They’re effective in providing news, entertainment, and education to listeners of all ages, so it’s no surprise that they’ve become some of the most downloaded programs on the internet.
While many people choose to use an array of different methods to access podcasts on the web, one of the best ways is through podcast hosting platforms like Spotify or iTunes.
However, if you don’t know where to start with podcast hosting and you’re not sure how to distribute your podcast, it can be challenging to make it all work together for your business or brand.
That’s why we decided to look into the best podcast hosting platforms available in Australia, both free and paid.
Here are the Best Podcast Hosting Platforms.
A U.S.-based provider, Libsyn is a popular option among podcasters and bloggers alike thanks to its easy publishing tools and low-cost plans.
The service offers podcast hosting package with unlimited bandwidth as well as four paid options, ranging from $5 to $20 per month depending on features.
There’s also a WordPress plugin that makes adding your podcast to your website simple.
If you’re just getting started with blogging or podcasting, then Libsyn might be worth a try since it’s one of cheapest platforms available and is relatively easy to use.
Their price begins at $5.00 per user a month. They don’t have a free plan. Unlike other free web hosts, Libsyn does not offer a free trial.
Check out the price stats below
- The platform is best for Professional brands
- It is Updated with fresh interface and tools
- Posting Features up to date
- The customer service is friendly, helpful, and easily reachable.
- You can Broadcast many shows
- It offers Customizable rates
- They do not offer free trials.
- It is a simple, easy to use podcast but beginners may find it difficult using it for the first time
- There are some confusing terms not apparent at first glance.
- They don’t offer a free plan because all the available plans are priced between $5 to $75 a month.
- Stat tracking and advanced metrics cost you an additional amount
This free podcast hosting platform is easy to use and lets you upload unlimited files. The basic package includes five hours of hosting per month, and its free.
A unique feature of Podbean is a suite of social tools that let you connect with your audience, build relationships and share your content on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Podbean also makes it easy to embed video and music files into your podcasts. Audio quality is decent at 128kbps, but keep in mind they do limit streaming playback speeds to 32kbps.
Their price begins at $0.00 which is the basic plan
- It’s easy to use even for beginners, so it doesn’t take a lot of time to start.
- You’ll have the option to include built-in monetization for the content.
- When you set up your podcast, you will have the option of setting up a plain, basic site.
- With this platform, you will be able to put your episodes on iTunes and Google Play.
- Planning to host? These packages are fairly budget-friendly.
- You can also choose their free hosting plan.
- Security features are few, so you will have to enhance the security yourself.
- There is no backup feature, so please make sure that you keep a copy of your data on your own device. If you lack sufficient disk space on your computer, you may want to store your larger files in a cloud-based service like Wasabi.
- One of the most distressing features, Podbean does not offer any uptime guarantee.
Soundcloud is one of if not the best podcast hosting platform available to podcasters especially in Australia.
Soundcloud allows you to create an account and upload your podcasts via Soundcloud’s website, or use their free mobile app.
Once you have created a free account with Soundcloud, you can also instantly connect your social media accounts (such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) to your new podcast host’s account.
As well as that, you can also create Playlists (i.e a group of your podcasts), make recommendations for users who like similar content and give people who subscribe to your channel updates when new episodes are uploaded.
- Get access to unlimited storage
- Do what you love and get paid fairly for it.
- Track what your audience likes best.
- Replace a song on a playlist without ruining the data.
- Save your favorite tracks.
- Users of Soundcloud have a limited time limit on uploads.
- For legal reasons, Soundcloud’s analytics is not IAB compliant.
- When I imported my podcast on Soundcloud, it wouldn’t automatically import my existing episodes.
- Soundcloud is primarily a music platform but is being adopted by podcasters.
Transistor.fm is a podcast hosting platform for people who want to do everything themselves, from uploading to picking their own URLs.
To make things even easier, Transistor supports WordPress’ Embed Player—so embedding your episodes on your website or social media pages is a breeze.
In terms of features, it offers most of what you’d expect from a podcast host (sharing options, iTunes and Google Play tags, subscription tools) without feeling overwhelming.
Also: Transistor has an affordable premium option if you’re looking to get more out of your podcast without paying too much up front.
- It is easy to use
- It has An abundant number of impressive features
- Wonderful Podcast Sites
- Speedy and thoughtful assistance
- It has no free plan
ACX is a production, distribution and royalty management platform. While it’s primarily designed to connect authors with audiobook narrators and producers.
It helps authors make audiobooks. Recording their work and submitting it to ACX, a publisher will produce the audiobook for you on Audible, iTunes, and other platforms.
For a 15% percentage of net sales and 15% of royalties, ACX will host your podcast for you. You can use their royalty calculator to see how much you might be making in sales and royalties. .
ACX is also an excellent place to host your podcast. I’ve used it myself when I first started out as a podcaster, and I think you’ll find their price tag agreeable
Buzzsprout is a service that allows you to upload audio files and get a trackable, shareable link. Buzzsprout can host your podcast, store it in their database, or even make it available through iTunes.
You also have control over adding transcripts or show notes (or both). It’s an affordable way to get started with podcast hosting services and they offer high-quality features.
What makes Buzzsprout stand out as one of our favorite podcast hosting platforms is that they offer Clicks to Calls.
This means listeners can click straight from a podcast episode onto your phone number so that your business can receive calls directly.
It’s easy to set up and you don’t need additional equipment or recording software.
- Fits the needs of novice artists and professionals.
- A simply designed dashboard with a clear interface.
- It has Promotional features with some ingenuity.
- You can get started with a free plan
- Not all plans offer unlimited audio.
- Lacking options for website customization.
Blubrry is one of my favorite podcast hosting platforms because they offer free website integration and analytics.
Their service also includes a host of podcast-centric tools, such as customizable player skins and social sharing.
This makes Blubrry a great option for people who want their podcast to stand out from other offerings, but don’t have time to learn code or build their own site.
As an added bonus, Blubrry does offer paid plans with extra features like video hosting and enhanced player analytics.
Its integrated statistics will provide you with insight into how well your podcast is doing, including which episodes are most popular among listeners.
You can also use Blubrry’s paid services to customize what your website looks like and improve your content-sharing options across social media platforms.
It’s an easy way to monetize a podcast, since it allows you to easily collect donations from fans or sell ad space on your site.
- Highly convenient integration for WordPress users via Powerpress.
- Additional free features or benefits equal to 25% of your purchase.
- Low monthly plans come with a ridiculous amount of bandwidth for you to use
- Incredibly, in-depth IAB-certified analytics
- Excellent customer service
- free media migration
- for beginners, the interface may be complex.
- There are no free plans available.
- Options range in price from expensive to reasonably priced.
If you’re looking to distribute your podcast on a variety of platforms, Audioboom is one of your best options.
The website has no cost to publish and it provides a large library of high-quality episodes from a variety of popular shows in Australia.
You can pay extra to promote your episodes through Google AdWords or Facebook Ads, but even without that additional promotion, Audioboom is perfect for getting your podcast into listeners’ ears quickly and easily.
Audioboom hosts over 6 million podcasts and audio books worldwide and it has been featured on CNNMoney and Time Magazine as an easy way to share content globally.
- Act as host, provider, and merchant all in one location.
- Beneficial for one or multiple channels
- Embeddable video player
- Joint ventures with distribution sites
- Creating advertising as viewers see fit
- Headquarters around the world in order to better connect with audiences all over the world.
- AudioBoom doesn’t have an app as at the time of this review
- Must meet at least one out of every two high demands to hit Podcast Pros plan.
- Maximum of 5 episodes per month on the free starter account
Once you’ve submitted your podcast to iTunes, you can set up your RSS feed with Castos.
They provide free hosting for audio files and it’s easy to use. But even if you just want to stream your podcast or do a live show on Periscope or Facebook Live.
Castos can help you get started quickly. Also, if you have a local business that could benefit from having its own podcast, Castos allows you to create some additional revenue streams through their advertising program.
- Users are provided with many payment plans to meet their financial needs.
- Lots of free storage.
- For all intents and purposes, this can be a way to create a simple link with a pre-existing WordPress site.
- Useful podcast hosting and analytics features
- Subscribe to receive automatic postings in your email box.
- Regardless of whether you’re using it independently or alongside WordPress, the program was designed with WordPress users in mind.
Spreaker offers web-based podcast hosting, with both free and paid options. It boasts built-in social sharing features and is used by over 15 million monthly users.
Spreaker is one of the many hosts available to you. it is an all-in-one tool for audio creators.
Using Spreaker lets you create and distribute podcasts, among other things. The podcast software also has options for monetization and listener analytics.
Out of all the podcasts hosting software available, this host isn’t the most popular website. Simplecast, Buzzsprout, etc. are bigger in the industry.
- It has a clean and intuitive interface
- It Increases your discoverability with tools like the Spreaker listening platform and one-click distribution
- Spreaker Studio that lets you record new episodes and live stream
- Easy to transfer over from another podcast host
- Digestible analytics that help set you apart from the competition
- Free version available
- Overall positive reviews
- Sometimes, users may experience limited customer service
- It is hard to get a refund if you fail to cancel your membership renewal for the software
Features to look out for while choosing the Best Podcast Hosting Platforms
There are some features to look out for while choosing podcast hosting platforms.
1.Number of listeners and downloads: ensure that your podcast has adequate number of listeners and downloads for you to make it one of the most downloaded ones.
2. Price :-check out their pricing plans before signing up with them. Ensure that there is a control panel feature so that managing podcasts becomes easier for you.
3.Another major factors to consider when deciding on a podcast hosting platform is whether or not they offer cross-posting functionality.
This will allow you to simultaneously post episodes across several different directories and media hosts at once, ensuring greater exposure for your show.
This can be especially useful if you’re looking to attract new audiences from outside your existing fan base by posting episodes on relevant sites such as YouTube or SoundCloud.
4. Storage Space The amount of storage space you need is tied directly to how often you release new episodes and how many episodes you have.
If your show tends to get large-episode releases every few months, you’ll want to allocate enough space for long-term storage.