A lot of people especially the young ones would like to find out if it is possible to book an hotel at 18 in Texas.
If you’re over 18, you may be wondering whether or not it’s legal to book a hotel at 18 in Texas.
This article will answer that question and give some guidance on finding hotels that are great, and safe, places to stay when you travel.
But, before we jump into the article, lets take a look at a comprehensive list of hotels you can comfortably book at 18 or 18+ in Texas.
List of hotels that allow 18+ year old’s to check in Texas
If you are at least 18 years of age, you can legally book a hotel in Arlington, TX. The hotels listed below indicate that they accept people 18 years or older.
If your desired hotel is not on the list, it may be because their reservation system does not permit minors under 18 to reserve a room (in which case you would need to find a different hotel).
- Red Roof Inn Arlington – Entertainment District
- Holiday Inn Express Arlington Interstate 20 Parks Mall, an IHG Hotel
- Studio 6-Arlington, TX
- Studio 6-Arlington, TX – South – Dallas
- Motel 6-Arlington, TX – UTA
El Paso, Texas
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ El Paso East
- Motel 6-El Paso, TX – Southeast
- Motel 6-El Paso, TX – East
- Red Roof Inn El Paso West
- Motel 6-El Paso, TX – Airport – Fort Bliss
- Motel 6-El Paso, TX – West
- Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso West
- Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso/East
- Kimpton – Harper Hotel, an IHG Hotel
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Medical Center
- Motel 6-Fort Worth, TX – Fort Worth Saginaw
- Motel 6-Fort Worth, TX – Downtown East
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Worth – Fossil Creek, an IHG Hotel
- Motel 6-Fort Worth, TX – Seminary
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Fort Worth Fossil Creek
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Worth NW Loop 820, an IHG Hotel
- Hyatt House Austin/Downtown
- Fairmont Austin
- Super 8 by Wyndham Austin Downtown/Capitol Area
- Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
- Embassy Suites Austin – Central
- Hilton Austin
- La Quinta by Wyndham Austin Airport
- La Quinta Inn by Wyndham San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd
- La Quinta by Wyndham San Antonio Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown
- La Quinta by Wyndham San Antonio Northwest
- Comfort Suites Medical Center Near Six Flags
- Hyatt Place San Antonio North Stone Oak
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center
- Tru By Hilton San Antonio Lackland Sea World
- Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, TX
- Marriott Marquis Houston
- Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
- Club Quarters Hotel in Houston
- Sleep Inn & Suites near Westchase
- Days Inn by Wyndham Houston
- Quality Inn & Suites West Chase
- DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center
- Hyatt Regency Dallas
- Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
- Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Dallas North Park
- Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas Campbell Centre
At what age can you get a hotel in Texas?
So, you’re turning 18 soon and want to know if you can legally book a hotel room in Texas. This is pretty simple—so long as you’re over 18.
As long as your parent or guardian has given permission for you to check into a hotel room by yourself and not just be on vacation with them, then there won’t be any problems. However, it’s important to note that hotels have different policies regarding minors staying in their rooms alone.
Some might require that you have your parents present at all times while others might only ask that they give permission. Be sure to check with each individual hotel before booking your stay so that there are no surprises when you arrive at your destination!
If you’re traveling without your parents but are under 18, however, things get a little trickier. You may still be able to book a hotel room but will need another adult (18+) to come along with you and provide consent.
How old do you have to be to get a hotel in Dallas Texas
There is no legal age limit to book a hotel in Dallas, TX. However, there may be additional limitations or restrictions on certain types of hotels that you wish to book.
These are based on hotel policies and should be confirmed with each specific hotel prior to booking any room(s). For example, many hotels do not allow anyone under 21 years old to stay in their rooms due to state laws. This restriction would apply even if they were booked by an adult.
If you are planning a trip to Dallas, it’s important that you confirm these details beforehand so your trip goes as smoothly as possible! We hope you have a great time while visiting our beautiful city!
What states can you get a hotel at 18?
Depending on where you’re traveling, most major hotels will be fine with allowing you to stay without an adult—however, there are a few exceptions.
If you’re not sure about your accommodations, it’s best to call them before booking to ensure they allow guests under 18 years of age.
This is especially important if you plan on bringing friends along; many hotels have restrictions regarding how many people can occupy a room at one time. Hotels that require all guests to be over 21 usually have strict policies regarding drinking and smoking as well, so if these activities are part of your trip, make sure to book elsewhere.
Can I legally check into a hotel when I’m 18 years old?
At first glance, it may seem to you that there are laws in place stating a person must be at least 18 years old to check into a hotel.
However, that’s not necessarily true. While there are many states and countries with strict restrictions regarding minors staying in hotels, most will allow those who are at least 16 years old to stay in certain circumstances—in particular if they’re accompanied by an adult of legal age.
What documents do I need to show my identification?
If you need to show identification in order to book a hotel room, you’ll want to bring your driver’s license, U.S. passport or military identification card. And if you are under 21 years old, you’ll also want to bring your passport or other proof of age with a photo on it that proves that you are old enough to book a hotel room.
When am I considered an adult
Statistically, we become adults when we reach legal adulthood: age 18 in Texas. Legally, children are referred to as minors. This is often used for political reasons and has no real bearing on what constitutes being an adult.
What does make us adults is being responsible and able to handle things like booking a hotel room at 18. If you can do that, you’re an adult!
Are there hotels that will rent to me at age 18
Technically, you’re an adult at age 18. For all legal purposes, you’re considered a grown-up, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any exceptions.
For example, in most of America you can vote and serve on a jury at age 18, but some states will still say no to renting a hotel room to someone so young.